Start your Monday off right:
- Hand block printing is an ancient method abandoned for more commercial methods. However, the Block Shop produces beautiful prints and fabrics in India using the historical techniques.
- These cucumber noodles with sesame dressing feel like the perfect meal for the hot humid August days we are currently experiencing.
- James Moreton captures those mysterious foggy roads found in Northern Ireland. The grainy film used only heightens the feeling that the roads will take you to unknown places.
- Animator, Steve Kirby, teamed up with illustrator, Andrew Fox, to bring to life Fox's quirky calligraphy animals in this playful video.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” — George Bernard Shaw
- If you need another Instagram account to follow, I highly recommend the All Format Film Photography Collective. Top notch work all around.
- Aristotle Roufanis's series, Alone Together, captures the light from apartments while the surrounding rooms are black.
- A fascinating conversation on living a meaningful life between Ed Latimore who is a professional heavyweight boxer, physics major, and philosopher and Shane Parrish who runs the Farnam Street blog.