Start your Monday off right:
- With the summer travel season in full swing, Digg.com released their best travel gear of 2017. There is a definitely a few items on this list that I am planning to pick up.
- Brothers Green Eats cover "15 Mistakes Most Beginner Cooks Make" in a rather use full video. These little tricks can make the difference between an average and a great dinner.
- Caspar Claasen captures individuals "looking" at art in museums. I laughed when I scrolled down to the older security guard passed out in his chair.
- Lucia Cadotsch, a jazz singer, speaks how the influences of jazz echoes in the most interesting music. She construct a playlist of classic jazz which inspires her and then another playlist with contemporary songs she digs.
- If you need more people to follow creating amazing work on Instagram, the lists, 20 Top Female Street Photographers and 14 Abstract Painters, are a great place to follow new artists.
- Adventures in Design is the only podcast which I subscribe to and is a regular part of my morning routine. Mark Brickey sat down with his visual hero, Shepard Fairey, in one of best episodes of the year.
"The world is a better place to live in because it contains human beings who will give up ease and security and stake their own lives in order to do what they themselves think worth doing." Walter Lippmann
DHH, one of the founders and owners of Base Camp, speaks about current obsession of growing a business to its absolute limits and the sacrifices necessary to make that happen. He offers a different view than bigger is better.
17 Ideas for the modern world of work from Seth Godin is short and hits the nail on the head of what is required in the coming years.