Start your Monday off right:
- As the calendar prepares to flip to the next year, It quickly fills up with holiday parties and the need for appetizers. Here are 10 appetizers that will be a big hit with everyone.
- Back County Hunt company offers gorgeous prefab houses perfectly suited for a wilderness retreat. Now I just need to buy a plot of land in the middle of nowhere.
- The Zen Roast ceramic coffee roaster is the perfect introduction into the world of coffee roasting. You can roast small batches right on your stove top.
- If you have any interest in learning to draw, here are 10 youtube channels dictated to teaching you how to draw. Your own art school right at your finger tips.
- Niki Boon's gorgeous work reminds me so much of Mary Ellen Mark's famous photos of her children. Here is her interview with the Arc about her work and her influences.
“Knowing failure is part of our process, and leads to new ideas, stronger work, and more honest questions, liberates us to peer, a little less frightened, into the unknown.” – David DuChemin
Danny Wilcox Frazier explores rural towns across the Midwest photographing the people who still call those towns home. I add his book, Driftless, to my photobook list to buy.
Film maker, Max Joseph, had a crazy idea for a video and this is the story of what went into actually turning it into reality.
Ryan Holiday is a ferocious reader. His newsletter covering the books he has read is one of my constant recommendations. He offers advice on how to read more.
David DuChemin talks about making creative choices in his great series, Vision is Better.