Start your Monday off right:
- My 11 year-old version would lose his mind at this behind the scene look at the Lego Master Builder workshop where they design and build the elaborate piece for Legoland.
- The architecture firm, Ensamble, erected a giant stone sculpture in the middle of nowhere Montana for the opening of an art center "near by". The video of the creation of the sculpture is fascinating as the pieces were created on site.
- A fun look at the world of German illustrator, Frank Hohne, who style can be described as a chaotic blend of hand drawn characters and sourced images. Yet his house projects the opposite of the chaos found in his work.
- The illustrator, Peter Fowler, mentions how his always carries 6 months of sketchbooks with him everywhere he goes so that he can constantly look back at what he has created for ideas and inspiration.
- In the absence of options, McDonald has become the social meeting house for lower-income areas of the country. The photographer, Chris Arnade, noticed this trend as he extensively traveled to often poor communities the past couple of years.
"Go outside. Don’t tell anyone and don’t bring your phone. Start walking and keep walking until you no longer know the road like the palm of your hand, because we walk the same roads day in and day out, to the bus and back home and we cease to see. We walk in our sleep and teach our muscles to work without thinking and I dare you to walk where you have not yet walked and I dare you to notice. Don’t try to get anything out of it, because you won’t. Don’t try to make use of it, because you can’t. And that’s the point. Just walk, see, sit down if you like. And be. Just be, whatever you are with whatever you have, and realise that that is enough to be happy.
There’s a whole world out there, right outside your window. You’d be a fool to miss it."
The Key to Luck Is Being a People Connector. A great reminder that one of the key's to "good luck" is just being around people doing things.
This might seem self explanatory but creatives show tendency of thought and action that in most people are segregated. Their messy minds is best friend and worst enemy.