Start your Monday off right:
- Hiut Denim compiled an excellent list of brands creating amazing things. I found this awesome cast iron spice grinder on the list. I use this type of list for presents as well as future shopping.
- Summer seems like the perfect time to travel through Finland and Adrienne's series only heightens my desire to visit during those long northern summers.
- Bloomberg Businessweek writers were asked to list the stories that they wish they had writing for 2016. The resulting Jealousy List contains a diverse collection topics from a wide ranging perspectives.
- Every February in San Juan de la Vega, Mexico, festival goers strap explosives to sledgehammers and detonate the device on rocks and metal plates to honor St. John the Baptist. Photographer, Thomas Prior, captures the insane ritual in his new book, Bomba.
- Y Combinator is the startup book camp that has launched AirBnB and Dropbook released their winter reading list. You will find books ranging from business and economics all the way to fiction.
“Ordinary people believe only in the possible. Extraordinary people visualize not what is possible or probable, but rather what is impossible. And by visualizing the impossible, they begin to see it as possible.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
- Frank Chimero has had a massive impact on my thinking over the years talks about the curse of the creative independent is loneliness and how to combat that fact.
- Tim Ferris is largely responsible for changing many aspects of my life including losing weight. The biggest thing I have learned from him is the idea that better questions are the key to changing your life. His "17 Questions that Changed My Life" is a perfect place to start.
- Photographers, Dan Rubin and Criag Mod, set off along the Kumano Kodo, a thousand-year old pilgrimage route in Japan, and in the process created this gorgeous collection of images. The website is also one of the coolest I have ever seen.
- Gary Vaynerchuk is a constant source of motivation for entrepreneurs these days. I have watched Episode 101 of his daily show a couple times when the grind gets to me.
- The Myth of Quick. We always are searching for the shortcut which don't exist. "The essential elements of a miracle are that it is rare and unpredictable. Not quite the reliable path you were seeking."
Today (12/12/16), is the last day to get 20% of the zine, Tiny Plastic Box - Volume #1. Get your today.