Start your Monday off right:
- BLT seem easy. All the major ingredients are in the name. Yet, I have had some poor excuses for a BLT in my day. I wish I could send these 7 tips to those restaurants.
- If you ever wondered why you hate the sound of your own voice, here is your answer .
- The Atacama Desert in Chile is the driest place on earth averaging about 0.07 inches of rain a year. A rare thunderstorm brought close to an inch of rain in a day creating the opportunity for the pink mallow flower to cover the valley.
- The Pinchbeck Rose farm was set to close after struggling to compete with imported roses. However, the owner's old college friend convinced him to keep the farm open by giving those with Autism an all important first job. You can make a loved ones day and help empower people with disabilities.
- Industrial food production traditionally has traded nutritional value and flavor for yield and shelf life. This exchange is very evident in wheat and the bread baked from that wheat. The Bread Lab is fighting the battle against this trend. Each year, they are growing between 5K - 10K varieties of wheat to explore all the range of flavors found in the old varietals.
"Plan in decades. Think in years. Work in months. Live in days." Nic Haralambous
Scott Belsky has spent the last 10 years with one foot in the creative and the other in business (particularly startups). He shares 6 thoughts for entrepreneurs which apply to everyone building something for themselves My favorite line is "innovation happens at the edge of reason".