Start your Monday off right
- The first frost of the year hit last night marking the beginning of winter. With the arrival of the cold, I start craving a hot bowl of chili. This chicken poblano chili might be the perfect first bowl.
- An inventor/metal artist in Los Angeles is turning old beetles into street legal "rocket" cars. I can only imagine the looks you would get driving one of those around town.
- Keeping the theme of odd cars, a photographer in Amsterdam finds the most average looking cars and adds custom cardboard fenders and wings to them at night. I can only imagine walking out of my house to find my car turned into a cardboard sports car.
- 36 flower designers transform a condemned duplex in Detroit with 36K flowers before they tear the house down to turn the lot into a flower farm.
"So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?" Hunter Thompson
- Sissel Tolass has isolated, synthesized and preserved around 7,000 smells from which she can recreate the smell of various cities and time periods. She even has gone as far as created new words with which she could better distinguish and describe the smells.
- 10 creative "rituals" which prove worthy enough to steal
- A great collection of long essays on the future of work and creativity